Your Advantages as a Member of the Arbeitskreis Provenienzforschung e.V.
- You actively contribute to international and scholarly cooperation in the field of provenance research.
- You support the work in the field of provenance research based on academic standards of the Arbeitskreis Provenienzforschung e.V.
- You will have access to professional contacts on a national and international level.
- You will receive regular information about the activities of the association as well as invitations to the annual conferences and the general meeting.
Information on the Admission Procedure
Membership must be applied for in writing using the online form. Personal membership is valid annually from January 1 to December 31 and – unless cancelled in writing or by email – is automatically renewed for one additional year at a time. Institutional transferable membership is not available. For detailed membership information, please also refer to our bylaws.
Members can be:
- Employees of public or private institutions who are employed primarily in an academic capacity or in a comparable position in the field of provenance research.
- Students, doctoral students and volunteers who are active in the field of provenance research in the context of research projects, their master’s thesis topic, dissertation topic or their training. Enrollment in a relevant degree program is not a sufficient admission criterion.
- Freelancers and self-employed individuals who work primarily in the field of provenance research.
- Each application for membership is reviewed individually by all five board members.
Each member accepts the following ( scholarly ) guidelines:
- Provenance researchers cooperate with provenance researchers;
- Providing and updating their own contact details and portrait (research focus, current and previous activities in the field of provenance research);
- Publication of research results, if possible;
- Announcement of own new publications as soon as they are publicly available;
- In conducting provenance research and publishing provenances, members commit themselves to the general scientific standards of the Arbeitskreis Provenienzforschung e.V., the German Research Foundation (DFG), and the ICOM Code of Ethics. In particular, when publishing provenances, members recognize the following scholarly standards, which include the provision of source documents, null documents, source locations, the naming of all owners, as well as the prior inspection of the sources, if possible, in the original. The currently valid standards are updated regularly and can be viewed on the website of the Arbeitskreis.
The fee for a regular membership for the Arbeitskreis Provenienzforschung e.V. is 60,- € / year. Please note that the membership fee is charged on a calendar year basis. There is the possibility to claim the reduction of the annual membership fee to 30,- € with an appropriate proof.
Please fill out the online form for your membership application. You will receive the completed application form by email. Please sign it and send it by mail to the Arbeitskreis Provenienzforschung e.V.
Arbeitskreis Provenienzforschung e.V.
c/o Dr. Brigitte Reineke
Deutsches Historisches Museum
Unter den Linden 2
As soon as the board has decided on your application, you will receive a written notification.
Membership expires at the end of a fiscal year on December 31 if:
- a written notice of resignation has been submitted to the office of the Arbeitskreis Provenienzforschung e.V. or notice has been given by email during the current calendar year. A retroactive termination in the new calendar year will not be accepted.
- the admission criteria have been violated.
- The membership fee has not been paid in two consecutive calendar years despite repeated requests by the board.